By Wendy Atterberry, The Frisky
There are certain topics and milestones couples should address before moving in together.
Have a three-year plan and make sure you're on the same page about marriageMake sure there's enough closet space for both of you and decide whose bed to keepIf you have pets, have a trial sleepover to make sure they can get along
(The Frisky) -- Moving in with a significant other is a major step in any relationship and one that should never be rushed http://www.atlasvanlines.com/ into. Before you throw caution to the wind, make sure you and your relationship are ready for such a leap.
Here are some things every couple should do before they move in together:
1. Agree on who will pay for what.
2. Agree on how to handle an unplanned pregnancy.
The Frisky: 8 questions to ask yourself before you move for love
3. Decide if they're both on the same page when it comes to marriage (in general, and to each other).
4. Come up with at least one reason to move in together other than finances and convenience.
The Frisky: My friend set me up with a sizeist jerk
5. Consider some of the realistic challenges http://www.mayflower.com/moving-services cohabitation might create.
6. Meet each other's "people," including close friends and family members.
7. Know each other's financial situation.
The Frisky: The "Sexiest Man Alive" ... on Facebook?
8. Agree on a three-year plan.
9. Say "I love you" to each other.
10. Decide whose bed you're going to keep.
11. Spend more than two nights in a row together.
The Frisky: 30 things every woman should quit doing by 30
12. Experience heartbreak on some level.
13. Celebrate at least one major holiday together.
14. Discuss how to divvy household chores.
15. Pick out at least one new object of some value -- financial, aesthetic, or symbolic -- for the home together.
16. Have a trial sleepover for your pets.
The Frisky: 10 tips to finding your match
17. Travel together.
18. Make sure there's enough closet space for both of you.
19. Have at least one big fight.
TM & 2010 movers nyc TMV, Inc. | All Rights Reserved